Six Months

Oh snap! It's April! It seems just like yesterday I discovered the deliciousness that is kimbap and soju and wondered how I could have possibly lived without them in my close to 27 years!

This weekend will be the halfway mark from my arrival to Korea. ALREADY. If you haven't noticed from everything social media, I am having a stupendous time!  Sure, I'm exploring new territory, meeting an assortment of people from all the facets of the world, eating multiple types of cuisine but surprisingly (and cheesy, brace yourself) I am realizing aspects of myself, that until moving here, were unnoticed and/or shrugged off. It was surprising because I've always thought myself to be self-aware. Thanks Laura, for pointing all my damn flaws! It's okay though, I may be a host of imperfections but there's potential in all my shortcomings -- and have you met my qualities? Laura can attest to that, she loves them (sidenote: Laura and I are just friends. "Omg Jen!"- Laura).

In traveling news, next week we are going on a wine train where (wait for it...) we ride a train and drink wine all day! At the end of the month, we booked a trip to the beach in Busan (Korea's second largest city) for my birthday. Busan was one of the host cities for the 2002 FIFA World Cup - and it announced its bid to host the 2020 Summer Olympics Games. Looking into an end of July trip (Hint #1: it's in southeast Asia, hehe) and booked Japan in September. I'm using too many parentheses.

Last weekend was the Charity Date Auction for CARE. There were 20 people to bid on and it was actually fun once the courage serum kicked in!


This specific auction was to raise money to neuter and spay pets, but regardless of the cause, I guess a date auction isn't really a date auction, without acting completely sex crazed so obviously a couple of girls went on stage prior to get bid on and basically gave us a sex show. I think they took the "selling yourself" too literally, missed the point of the charity and degraded themselves in the process but whatevs, I outbid them. Ha! Here's the clASSy vid:


Thanks girls: A for effort.

Click here to see my ass thinking I'm the shit.


The last weekend of March, we went to Jindo Festival, south of the country, for the sea parting event. It was a great weekend, we barely slept. The parting didn't fully happen  as the water was knee high and I was soaked in freezing water. We walked halfway through when we were told to walk back as the tide was coming in. Prior to that we went to a play/show where women sang a Korean folk song and there was some dancing and jokes in Korean I didn't get. Then men with tassel hats and drums came on leading us outside the theater where everyone danced in circles including myself. I was so into it.
You can click here to see my lack of videotaping skills displayed at their fullest so pardon the poor video quality. This video is more "official" (I'm linking all the videos since they have not been working directly off the blog, sowwy).


Here are pictures from the weekend:












4am Walk


Jindo Dogs Being BadAss

Jindo Show DOg Showing His Skills
Jindo pup

BiBimBop

Korean BBQ
Korean Folk song

Dancing outside the theater










 Photo credit: Daniel Attenborough Egan and Brent Sheffield for Wink Travel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Bodies

The Runners

Where Do All Roads Lead To?