Life of a Seoulite...

February has been kind of low key. We haven't taken any weekend trips or had any time off to explore. I went to a Buddhist temple site but that was boring. I wandered my eyes around for 30 seconds aaaaaaannd I was done.
 
There's been some changes at work; the school acquired two new foreign teachers, British lads. I warned them of my aptitude to speak in accents (in a British accent of course) to which one quipped it was "rubbish". We get along great!
The principal has not been herself lately. She's been kind and understanding which is worrisome and makes me uncomfortable. 
I thought I would've formed some sort of bond with the children by now, or shown more affinity towards them but my heart remains as cold as ice no matter how cute they are while belting out the now annoying song "Let It Go". It still won't thaw. Sorry Elsa, they are still assholes.  


Eating out can be quite expensive, especially if it is western food. Seoul has very quaint cafes and restaurants that Laura and I have found with the help of "Mango" app, the Korean version of "Urbanspoon". A couple of weekends ago, our place of choice was inundated with hungry stomachs and we were too hAngry to wait. We had noticed an UNO restaurant on the way so we decided on deep dish pizzaaaahhhh! We were aware that foreign based restaurant chains were pricey but we didn't expect a pizza to cost the equivalent of a super cute dress at Forever 21 (side notes: granted Forever 21 is fairly cheap, but if you find a dress that's in the $30's, it's a hot ass dress. Am I right or am I right, chicas?)! Anyhooplah, we split an "individual" sized pizza with our appetizers. This was an "individual" sized pizza:

This is a slice of an individual pizza:

And I have small hands! Good thing my nails were done...


This is the price of an individual pizza: $19!

UNOTHANKYOU!
UNOTGOINGANYMORE!

As usual the bars and club scene are crazy and inevitable fun is had at each outing. The Korean frequented areas are where Laura and I become celebrities for the night. Just like westerner guys gotsa snatch Korean snatch, eastern guys gotsa snatch the western one. It's their goal in life. Did I mention, we take complete and total advantage of this stupid fuckery? SNATCH POWER! Sure enough, like moths to a flame, they flock to us as if their lives depended on it. It's entertaining to hear them spit their game: "I'm 21," one of them tells me, "but I'm still a man" he continues, revealing two rows of braces as he smiled, probably thinking he Rico Suave'd me (No short dick man! - Uncle Greg)

Anypeen, sorry for the snoozed induced fest, this month and the next should be more eventful. I am anticipating St. Patrick's day weekend with much excitement and looking forward to an interesting fusion between all things Irish and Korean. It should be exceptionally wild.

As Spring approaches, many festivals are too, such as the Jindo Sea Parting in Jindo, Korea's third largest island. Apparently it is the most visited annual event where the Yellow Sea recedes, giving way to a wide, winding path linking Jindo to the neighboring Modo Island.  There's a folktale behind it (because even Asians wanna be Jewish...) taken directly from National Geographic where you can read more about it here:

"According to legend, tigers were once abundant on Jindo Island. But when they began invading local villages, people fled to Modo Island. One woman, Bbyong, was inadvertently left behind.
She prayed to the god of the ocean, Yongwang, every day until finally the god told her in a dream that a rainbow would appear in the sea the next day for her family to cross the ocean.
When she went out to sea, the waters miraculously parted and a rainbow road appeared. Bbyong's family crossed the sea to meet her, and thus began a popular tradition among locals and a mystical attraction among tourists."
My next 3K in rainboots!



In completely unrelated news, I'll be taking part in a date auction on April 5th for a charity. Should be a good story for the next post...whip out your wallets!

Also, I have tried countless times to post Thailand and other miscellaneously hilarious videos but my apps kept crashing so I gave up after the second try....okay no, I tried like ten times. If any of you would like to make this vid, hollerrrr! 

Word to yo mutha.




  

Comments

  1. Sounds awesome! Love Asians. miss u xoxo! - sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water Bodies

The Runners

Where Do All Roads Lead To?