SK Update!

My move to South Korea is 100% official. My visa arrived today. I am one step closer to living in the future (SK is 13 hours ahead).

I don’t even know what to say at this point. I am probably still in denial, I am, however, starting to feel angst, maybe a bout of sadness, but mostly anguish, torment, anxiety, sorrow, worry and fear. I watch a lot of movies and have a vivid imagination; my dreams are borderline real and foreboding I can pretty much write M. Night Shyamalan’s new movie. It’s that bad (pun intended, he ruined The Last Airbender movie).

Thankfully, you do not die in your dreams, Inception 101.

The worry came on after my father’s heart attack last weekend. It scared me to think something could happen to anyone while I am away. After all, shootings and bombings seem to always be in season, unfortunately, and are uncontrollable and unpredictable. Diet and stress can be controlled so I hope this was a wakeup call for him. No Camembert, Roquefort, steak or foie gras is worth shaving years off your life to your children’s detriment. Take care of yourself, papa. Who else will I eat baby octopus or chicken embryos with when you come visit? (Just kidding, I’m never touching that).

As far as today’s news goes, I do not know my Seoul’s address nor have a Korean phone number. My plan is to suspend my contract here and use my unlocked IPhone over there by switching SIM cards. Is that a good idea? Input appreciated.

And as I wait for my recruiter to respond to my 3,456,287 question e-mail, I will indulge myself and look for flights.


Najung-e dangsin-ege beullogeu
(blog to you later)


P.S.: I should not have watched The Final Destination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do All Roads Lead To?

The Runners

Water Bodies