New beginnings

I have an announcement.

I have something to look forward to. Something frightening and nerve wracking enough that I might not even have nail beds by the time the date rolls around. This experience will broaden my views and sense of self. This may be my right of passage! Maybe I am glorifying it all and will end up hating it. After all, I am not a big fan of children, but what do I know? I've escaped any room that contained more than two children at a time by simply glancing into it. They are exuberant, loud, and intense but I may get some gems: preferably shy and laid back ones. Regardless of their personality or characteristics all children have the pure joy of a light heart and the open space of a clear mind. To be a kid again would be so liberating to me! I still think I carry certain characteristics: I'm curious and have genuine interest of the world around me and I am taking a big risk, a leap of faith. Life isn’t perfect - and some risks are worth taking.

At this time, I have decided to leave everything that is comforting and familiar behind and have chosen to move to Asia for a year and teach English as a second language.  
Being accepted into this program means more than only teaching; for it also allows me the greatest opportunity to see the world. I will be forever grateful to have met children, who can put their trust in me - To view and hear language the way I have, and, for them to teach me as well just how they perceive life around them. Ultimately, my desire is to become enriched in this program to expand my own cultural awareness while also making a heavy impact. While I do not have a degree in teaching…or children, my interests lay in adventure. I have lived on two different continents and hold three nationalities. I’ve wanted to continue to grasp unique cultures across the world. Give me a mountain and I’ll climb it; a new country and I’ll explore it; a new food...eeeehhh, maybe not. Whether or not the year turns out to be an achievement or a disappointment, it will still be a great exploit and I will come out of it with more self-satisfaction, self-sufficiency, contentment and confidence.
Hopefully some travelling plans are in your futures!

I will update as I get more details!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do All Roads Lead To?

The Runners

Water Bodies