You've Got A Friend In Me

Friendship is an in-depth relationship combining trust, support, communication, loyalty, understanding, empathy, and intimacy. But no one can form a friendship until they realize that the basis of being friends is meeting the needs of the other person. One must be a friend to have one.

Sure its harder to keep in touch once you graduate from college, change states, get a job, and live your life. But, is it hard to pick up a phone to say hello? or just text hello? I don't think so.
I may not have a fast paced life right now, I hope to, because this sedentary lifestyle is not cutting it for me (I need to stick to it till December only, fingers crossed).

Many people expect that their friends will always be there. They expect  friendship to last forever, like...me.
However, as time goes by, so do friendships as I've been witnessing. The reasons being moving to another state/country, change of personality or lifestyle. Hence, the friendship slowly dissolves, taking the back burner, losing its importance.

I consider myself to be a good friend, I'm loyal, attentive. Wherever I happen to be, I'd like to think that I keep in touch with my closest girlfriends. Then again, it could be that I have this mental picture of how things should proceed, but end up taking a completely different turn. Damn those expectations!

My friends bring me relief, laughter, comfort, and happiness. I love being around them, hearing their voices, knowing that they are doing well. They are my extended family. No matter how busy I will be, I will make sure to make time for them.

xoxo
J.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do All Roads Lead To?

The Runners

Water Bodies